Saturday, November 6, 2010

Excited!!!

My little brother got married today. While I didn't want to get in the photographer's way, I did take some pictures...you know how I am! I took mostly detail shots of different little things, but didn't take any of the ones that the photographer set up. If I were the one shooting the wedding, I think that would bother me, so I didn't want to be rude. I did, however, get out there with the guy and stage some of the shots of the groom and his men for the guy. And, if he's a good shot, then there will definitely be some good ones! It was quite fun!

So, why am I so excited? Why did I put like three question marks? Something I rarely do. Because my cousin, Nikki, who went to photography school and is good at what she does, asked me to be her second at her weddings in 2011! Yippee! She said that she had seen my work and that she liked it! It was very validating...I grabbed her and kissed her in my excitement. She's probably still trying to figure out what hit her!

I have said that I would not want to shoot weddings because those are some pretty important memories and I wouldn't want to screw the shots up, but this is the perfect opportunity to get my foot in the proverbial door!

I think that's all for now, but I'll be back later to share some of the shots from my Bubba's wedding.

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is exciting!!!!!! (and I normally don't put more than 3 exclamation marks!)

    ReplyDelete